The Department of Public Safety provides the following services for the university community:
- Vehicle and foot patrol of all three campuses, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- 24-hour staffing at campus gate entrances.
- Response to all emergencies and requests for assistance, including medical emergencies.
- Investigation of all complaints and completion of written follow-up reports.
- Regular security checks of all residential and academic buildings.
- Escort service (walking escort) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Security services for all student and university events.
The Department of Public Safety maintains a close working relationship with local, state and federal law enforcement partners and other emergency service agencies on matters related to the security and safety of the university community. For routine inquiries, the department can be reached at 203-582-6200. For emergencies, dial 911.