University Mission Statement
An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university’s commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment and a strong sense of community. The university prepares undergraduate and graduate students for achievement and leadership in business, communications, engineering, health, education, law, medicine, nursing and the liberal arts and sciences.
Quinnipiac University educates students to be valued and contributing members of their communities through a vital, challenging and purposeful educational program. Students engage real-world issues through practice and the consideration of different perspectives.
To fulfill its educational mission Quinnipiac:
- offers degree programs centered on effective practice that are strengthened by the integration of a liberal education;
- cultivates critical thinking, intellectual integrity, curiosity and creativity in the pursuit of knowledge;
- provides a variety of learning and service experiences to facilitate student achievement;
- maintains a strong commitment to a diverse and inclusive student body, faculty and staff;
- fosters an understanding of and respect for the multiplicity of human perspectives and belief systems;
- supports faculty teacher-scholars who are effective teachers and who engage in scholarship with valuable intellectual and practical results.