Bioanthropology Research Institute
Quinnipiac’s Bioanthropology Research Institute, administered through the College of Arts and Sciences, provides research opportunities for students and faculty in a variety of disciplines; anthropology is naturally interdisciplinary, and our focus on imaging, bioarchaeology, and forensic science integrates the sciences, humanities and arts. Research projects, field experiences and international coursework provide unique opportunities to experience current and ancient cultures, often leading to publications and presentations at professional conferences. The Bioanthropology Research Institute has formal relationships with many well-known domestic and international museums.
Students should contact the Bioanthropology Research Institute for more information.
Clarice L. Buckman Center
This building houses science laboratories, faculty offices and classrooms. In the center is the Clarice L. Buckman Theater, a 177-seat auditorium, which is used for guest lectures.
Center for Communications and Engineering
The Center for Communications and Engineering houses the School of Communications, the School of Engineering and the Mount Carmel Auditorium. The main floor includes collaborative classrooms, a multimedia computer classroom, a design studio, an open media lab and an audio/video equipment loan facility. The lower level includes engineering workshops and a machine shop. The building also houses the Office of Multicultural and Global Engagement, the Center for Psychological Science, Academic Innovation and Effectiveness, plus faculty and administrative offices.
Echlin Center houses the offices of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid, faculty offices and classrooms. The Kresge Foundation Lecture Hall and Perlroth Boardroom are located here.
Terry W. Goodwin ’67 Financial Technology Center
The 2,000 square-foot Terry W. Goodwin ’67 Financial Technology Center, housed in the Lender building, is a state-of-the-art Wall Street trading room. The center provides access to various economics, accounting and financial information through subscriptions to Bloomberg, S&P Global Capital IQ, and Rotman Interactive Trader etc. Such subscriptions, along with the software installed in the center’s computer workstations, enable students to retrieve real-time financial data, develop financial analytical skills, conduct trading simulations and build financial models. Students can make real-time investment decisions and learn how the financial markets work by managing a real-life student portfolio.
Ireland’s Great Hunger Institute
Ireland’s Great Hunger Institute is a scholarly resource for the study of the Great Hunger, also known as An Gorta Mór—the Famine that devastated Ireland from 1845 to 1852 and continues to have repercussions and relevance in the world today. Through a program of exhibitions, lectures, conferences, course offerings and publications, the institute fosters a deeper understanding of this tragedy and its causes and consequences. The institute's collection includes rare primary and secondary sources and artifacts relating to the history of modern Ireland. The institute is located on the Mount Carmel Campus. For more information about its work and program of events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum
Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum is home to the world’s largest collection of visual art, artifacts and printed materials relating to the Irish Famine (1845-1852). The museum is located at 3011 Whitney Avenue, near Quinnipiac’s Mount Carmel and York Hill campuses and is open year-round to the public. The 4,750-square-foot museum offers field trips, art classes, lectures, concerts and other events designed to educate the general public, scholars, researchers, artists and students about the Great Hunger and to draw parallels to modern issues of immigration, government corruption, xenophobia, hunger, public health and more through the use of artwork. Visit the IGHM website for more information.
Lender School of Business Center
The Lender School of Business Center at Quinnipiac University is a multipurpose complex that houses state-of-the-art collaborative classrooms with multi-screen, interactive technology; lecture capture classrooms with the latest learning support technology; student collaboration spaces for informal collaboration, meetings, and study; dedicated student team meeting rooms; a Career Development Resource Center with dedicated student and employer resources, interview rooms, and networking space; and faculty and dean’s offices. This complex is also home to the People’s United Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, where students can meet with their mentors for financial, legal, marketing and technical guidance in turning their ideas into viable business solutions.
The Arnold Bernhard Library on Quinnipiac’s Mount Carmel Campus and the Edward and Barbara Netter Health Sciences Library on the North Haven Campus serve the undergraduate and graduate populations of the university and provide support for the Quinnipiac University School of Law.
Approximately 48,000 square feet in size, the Arnold Bernhard Library provides 600 seats, 16 group rooms, a 30-seat instructional facility, more than 60 public computers and wireless connectivity. In addition to the group study rooms, the library features individual study carrels, tables, soft seating and rocking chairs, all with magnificent views. Supporting this facility are the combined staffs of the library, academic technology and media services. The Arnold Bernhard Library building also houses the clock tower, the executive suite, the Provost suite, the Learning Commons, the Offices of Administrative Services, One Stop (formerly the Bursar), Registrar and Procurement.
The Edward and Barbara Netter Health Sciences Library is the primary library for Quinnipiac University’s Schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. The library is equipped with 17 public computer workstations, printers, scanners, copiers, study carrels and plenty of soft seating, which provides spectacular views of the North Haven Campus.
Each library offers a large variety of web-based resources, including ebooks, e-journals and databases as well as print volumes, microforms and audiovisual materials.
Ed McMahon Communications Center
Housed within the Lender building is the Ed McMahon Communications Center (McMahon Center), a first-class digital media production facility providing students with a spacious, professional-level high-definition television (HDTV) studio, a wireless multi-platform newsroom with the Associated Press wire service through the Electronic News Production System (ENPS), advanced digital video editing suites, multiple 4K collaborative edit suites, production labs for mobile application design, website development, and motion graphics, a remote media production resource depot, and a screening room with HD video projection and theater-quality 7.1 surround sound. Additionally, there are over 90 iMac stations running the latest applications for digital media production including 360 technology and acquisition and a Virtual Reality Lab utilizing the latest hardware and software. Content is managed through a Ross media server with additional capture and distribution provided by LiveU and Youtube Live.
Quinnipiac University Poll
Quinnipiac University Poll, at 20-60 West Woods Road, regularly surveys residents in Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia and nationally about political races and issues of local, regional and national concern.
Albert Schweitzer Institute
The Albert Schweitzer Institute at Quinnipiac University enhances the student experience through various travel and experiential learning opportunities focused on environment/sustainability, human health and development, and peace and human rights. The institute hosts world leaders on campus; and explores issues related to Schweitzer’s philosophy of Reverence for Life. The facility at 660 New Road contains a museum illustrating Schweitzer’s legacy, a conference room that hosts exhibits and events, and outdoor gardens and green infrastructure. See the Albert Schweitzer Institute page for more information.
Theatre Arts Center
Located at 515 Sherman Avenue, this flexible 12,000-square-foot center is a specifically designed performance space, featuring a baby Steinway piano and a completely customizable layout. The facility includes a costume shop and storage, a scene shop, a lighting and management booth and academic spaces, making it a hub for theater and music performances. It also includes a black box theater.