Harassment and Discrimination Policy
Quinnipiac University values diversity, multiculturalism and respect for others. The university is committed to providing a safe and respectful educational experience and work environment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment is articulated and confirmed in Quinnipiac University’s Strategic Plan for Inclusiveness, Multiculturalism and Globalism in Education (IMaGinE) and the Quinnipiac University Title IX Policy Against Gender-Based Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct.
Students who believe they have experienced or witnessed an incident of discrimination or harassment should immediately contact the Dean of Students Office:
- Dean of Students Office (undergraduates and graduate students, with the exception of law and medicine) 203-582-8753
- School of Law, 203-582-3220
- Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine, 203-582-7968
Faculty and staff members who believe they have experienced or witnessed an incident of discrimination or harassment should immediately contact Human Resources or the chief diversity officer:
- Human Resources, Employee Relations and Labor Relations Associate, 203-582-7768 or 203-582-8724
- Chief Diversity Officer, Department of Cultural and Global Engagement, 203-582-7987
Students, faculty or staff who believe they have experienced or witnessed an incident of gender-based discrimination and/or sexual misconduct should immediately contact:
- University Title IX Coordinator, 203-582-8731
Students, faculty or staff who are found to have violated a harassment and discrimination policy are subject to the appropriate disciplinary process. Any form of retaliation against anyone who has reported harassment or a discriminatory act is strictly prohibited.