Program Contact: Jill Shahverdian 203-582-3663
The Accelerated Dual-Degree BS in Data Science/MS in Cybersecurity (3+1) program will provide students with a passion for data science and cybersecurity with the critical tools necessary to solve complex problems while substantially increasing their employability and leading them on a track to success in virtually any industry.
Data science students gain a firm understanding of data context and learn how to integrate it with deep technical knowledge to draw meaningful conclusions. This bachelor’s degree is an essential foundation for advanced courses in cybersecurity such as database security, cryptology and IT infrastructure—each positioning students for a successful career. The MS in Cybersecurity program also offers hands-on courses taught by world-class security experts and culminates in a capstone project that utilizes commercial and open-source security tools.
Data scientists can leverage their passion for cybersecurity in roles such as editorial analyst, data analyst, product marketing specialist or sports data journalist while cybersecurity professionals analyze security measures to protect and defend companies and clients from data breaches. Pairing data and cybersecurity opens opportunities for you to leverage your passion and skills and make a meaningful difference in your life and for those around you.
Students in this program must complete the requirements for the BS in Data Science during their first three years at Quinnipiac. Students must complete the requirements for the MS in Cybersecurity by the end of their fourth year.
Upon completion of the BS in Data Science, students will develop the following competencies:
- Have a deep understanding of the mathematical, statistical and computer science concepts necessary for data science.
- Understand the technology stack necessary to bring quantitative analysis to production in any industry or academic setting.
- Utilize complicated data and advanced machine learning models to solve real-world problems—whether that is predicting customer retention or identifying the impact of rain on floodplain soil conditions.
- Leverage these skills and expertise in a chosen domain (e.g., biology, business, economics, history, psychology).
The MS in Cybersecurity will:
- Train students to be able to apply risk management concepts to cybersecurity challenges.
- Enable students to use and evaluate software to manage cybersecurity risk.
- Create the next generation of cloud native security professionals.
- Enable students to design, build and operate resilient systems that meet business objectives.
The Accelerated Dual-Degree MS program is designed for outstanding applicants. Students are offered acceptance into the program upon admission to Quinnipiac University.
Admission to the university is competitive, and applicants are expected to present a strong college prep program in high school. Prospective first-year students are strongly encouraged to file an application as early in the senior year as possible, and arrange to have first quarter grades sent from their high school counselor as soon as they are available.
For detailed admission requirements, including required documents, please visit the Admissions page of this catalog.