Program Contact: Jill Shahverdian 203-582-3663
This Accelerated Dual-Degree BS in Data Science and MBA (3+1) meets the needs of the growing demand for data professionals and can be applied to numerous industries. This program is for highly motivated individuals who have a core understanding of data science and are looking to pursue leadership roles in the business world. You will learn the fundamental skills necessary to extract, analyze and interpret massive amounts of data to make strategic decisions at a high level.
Students in this program must complete the requirements for the BS in Data Science during their first three years at Quinnipiac. Students must complete the requirements for the MBA by the end of their fourth year.
Upon completion of the BS in Data Science, students will develop the following competencies:
- Have a deep understanding of the mathematical, statistical and computer science concepts necessary for data science.
- Understand the technology stack necessary to bring quantitative analysis to production in any industry or academic setting.
- Utilize complicated data and advanced machine learning models to solve real-world problems—whether that is predicting customer retention or identifying the impact of rain on floodplain soil conditions.
- Leverage these skills and expertise in a chosen domain (e.g., biology, business, economics, history, psychology).
Upon completion of the MBA, students will develop the following competencies:
- Business Analytic Skills: Demonstrate the ability to understand, interpret and develop data-driven approaches for business decision-making, and understand and use business information and metrics to assess business problems, identify opportunities and offer solutions.
- Managing People and Organizations: Demonstrate the ability to manage professional relationships and ability to drive organizational growth and change.
- Strategic Integration: Demonstrate the ability to assess a business situation and identify key dynamics and constraints, and to formulate and implement an effective response.
- Business and Society: Demonstrate the ability to understand the relationship between business and society, and apply knowledge of ethics, social responsibility and sustainability to business situations.
- Application of Business Knowledge: Demonstrate knowledge of core business functions, integrate this knowledge to address business problems and opportunities, and evaluate and apply emerging practices, technologies and ideations that can impact the future of business practices and work.
The Accelerated Dual-Degree MBA program is designed for outstanding applicants. Students are offered acceptance into the program upon admission to Quinnipiac University.
Admission to the university is competitive, and applicants are expected to present a strong college prep program in high school. Prospective first-year students are strongly encouraged to file an application as early in the senior year as possible, and arrange to have first quarter grades sent from their high school counselor as soon as they are available.
For detailed admission requirements, including required documents, please visit the Admissions page of this catalog.