Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Program Contact: Charles Brooks 203-582-8333
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of marketing concepts and practices. The marketing major combines core business courses with specialized marketing courses focusing on technical skills such as market research and on decision making in marketing communications, channels, product strategy and general marketing strategy.
A student chapter of the American Marketing Association is active on campus, and the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute offers opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience conducting survey research. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the many internship opportunities available to Quinnipiac marketing students.
Graduates find career opportunities in a variety of businesses such as pharmaceutical manufacturers, financial institutions, high-tech firms, retailers and small businesses. In addition, marketing career opportunities exist outside business organizations, in government, trade associations, health organizations and not-for-profit institutions. The marketing program also provides students with the necessary prerequisites for graduate education.
BS in Marketing Curriculum
The BS in Marketing requires the completion of 122 credits as outlined below:
|Business Core Curriculum|
|Complete the Business Core Curriculum||43|
|Complete the University Curriculum for School of Business||34|
|MK 210||Consumer Behavior||3|
|MK 320||Marketing Research||3|
|MK 321||Marketing Analytics||3|
|MK 332||Integrated Marketing Communications||3|
|MK 333||Marketing Channels and Distribution||3|
|MK 334||Product and Pricing Strategy||3|
|MK 401||Seminar in Marketing Strategy||3|
|Select 6 credits of the following:||6|
|Professional Selling and Sales Management|
|Global Supply Chain|
|Complete 18 credits||18|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with this degree will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Knowledge: Students apply basic business theories and concepts to understand and solve business problems.
- Business Analytics: Students effectively gather, assess and utilize data to understand, improve and communicate business decisions using Excel and other analytical tools.
- Communication: Students communicate business ideas effectively through written communications, oral communications and presentations, and digital media.
- Critical Thinking: Students utilize information and research findings to analyze problems and determine appropriate solutions.
- Business Ethics: Students apply ethical frameworks to evaluate situations and determine appropriate solutions.
- Cultural Adaptability: Students recognize and apply knowledge of diversity within and across individual and groups.
- Professionalism: Students exhibit professional behavior, including a strong work ethic in their classes, in their interactions with faculty, staff and colleagues, and in their team assignments.
Admission Requirements: School of Business
The requirements for admission into the undergraduate School of Business programs are the same as those for admission to Quinnipiac University.
Admission to the university is competitive, and applicants are expected to present a strong college prep program in high school. Prospective first-year students are strongly encouraged to file an application as early in the senior year as possible, and arrange to have first quarter grades sent from their high school counselor as soon as they are available.
For detailed admission requirements, including required documents, please visit the Admissions page of this catalog.
Seamless Transfer Agreement with Gateway Community College (GCC), Housatonic Community College (HCC) and Norwalk Community College (NCC)
Under this Transfer Agreement, GCC, HCC and NCC graduates will be guaranteed admission into a bachelor’s degree program with third year (junior) status at Quinnipiac University on the condition that they:
- Graduate with an associate in arts, an associate in science in business, College of Technology engineering science, nursing or an allied health degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (this may be higher in specific programs).
- Satisfy all other Quinnipiac University transfer admission requirements and requirements for intended major.
Suggested Transfer Curriculum for BS in Marketing
A minimum of 60 credits is required for transfer into the BS in Marketing program. Below is a sample plan of study for the first two years prior to matriculation at Quinnipiac University.
|Introduction to Business||3|
|Science Elective with Lab||4|
|Social Science Elective||3|
|Additional Elective (Business or other)||3|