Accelerated Dual-Degree BS/MS in Accounting (3+1)
Program contact: Michael Taylor 203-582-3949
The Accelerated Dual-Degree Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Accounting (3+1) is designed for outstanding School of Business students—those who rank in the top 20 percent of their high school class and have a combined critical reading and math SAT score of 1200 or a composite ACT of 25.
The MS in Accounting program is designed to prepare candidates to satisfy the 150 credit hours requirement and to position them for success in the CPA exam. The program will position successful graduates for careers in professional services firms, business corporations, governmental agencies, and business consulting firms among others. The program provides students with in-depth accounting knowledge and skills necessary to be successful accounting professionals. Notably, there is a large demand for well-trained accounting professionals in public and private accounting, as well as in government.
Students enter the program as first-year students and learn at an accelerated pace to earn a bachelor’s degree in three years and an MSA in the fourth.
Unique Program Features
- Total savings of up to 30 percent over traditional five-year BS/MSA option
- An optional residential cohort first-year experience with other four-year BS/MSA students
- Dedicated resident assistant and study lounge in first-year cohort housing
- Community-building welcome event in August
- Dedicated program director
- Scholarship carried from year three to year four, subject to a 3.0 GPA and continued program enrollment
This program provides a flat tuition rate that will not increase each year resulting in a substantial savings over four years.
Classes are offered both in a traditional on-campus setting as well online in the summer.
The four-year experience includes an applied learning experience such as internships-for-credit.
Students in the Accelerated Dual-Degree BS/MSA (3+1) program live in one of the university's housing options for the first three years.