Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics
Program Contact: Wendy Ceccucci 203-582-8269
The BS in Business Analytics teaches the skills needed to extract and manage data, as well as design and implement analytics-based solutions. Upon graduating, you’ll be positioned for careers as analysts in marketing research, finance, advertising, management and supply chain operations, to name just a few. Our multidisciplinary curriculum combines core business knowledge with a strong foundation in skills including data mining and analysis, database management, and predictive modeling. Courses utilize the same tools and software used by professional data analysts, including SQL programming language, Tableau, and SAS—the leader in commercial analytics software. Upon completion, you will be awarded Certificate in Business Analytics using SAS.
A hallmark of the program is experiential learning. During the BAN capstone course, you’ll utilize business analytics tools and techniques to prepare a solution for a business or social project. An internship, required for all BAN students, allows you to employ these skills in a professional setting under the supervision of practicing experts.
BS in Business Analytics Curriculum
As with all programs within the School of Business, students must meet the requirements of the University Curriculum, the School of Business Core Curriculum, and the specific requirements of the major for a total of 122 credits:
|Business Core Curriculum|
|Complete the Business Core Curriculum||43|
|Complete the University Curriculum for School of Business||34|
|Business Analytics Core|
|CIS 255||Data Visualization||3|
|CIS 350||Data Analysis with Excel (AC 350)||3|
|CIS 351||Database Programming and Design||3|
|BAN 210||Data Preparation and File Structure||3|
|BAN 400||Data Mining||3|
|BAN 420||Machine Learning||3|
|BAN 484||Business Analytics Internship||3|
|BAN 450||Business Analytics Capstone||3|
|Select 6 credits of BAN courses||6|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with this degree will demonstrate:
- Business knowledge: Students apply basic business theories and concepts to understand and solve business problems.
- Business analytics: Students effectively gather, assess and utilize data to understand, improve and communicate business decisions using Excel and other analytical tools.
- Communication: Students communicate business ideas effectively through written communications, oral communications and presentations, and digital media.
- Critical thinking: Students utilize information and research findings to analyze problems and determine appropriate solutions.
- Business ethics: Students apply ethical frameworks to evaluate situations and determine appropriate solutions.
- Cultural adaptability: Students recognize and apply knowledge of diversity within and across individual and groups.
- Professionalism: Students exhibit professional behavior, including a strong work ethic in their classes, in their interactions with faculty, staff and colleagues, and in their team assignments.
Admission Requirements: School of Business
The requirements for admission into the undergraduate School of Business programs are the same as those for admission to Quinnipiac University.
Admission to the university is competitive, and applicants are expected to present a strong college prep program in high school. Prospective first-year students are strongly encouraged to file an application as early in the senior year as possible, and arrange to have first quarter grades sent from their high school counselor as soon as they are available.
For detailed admission requirements, including required documents, please visit the Admissions page of this catalog.
Seamless Transfer Agreement with Gateway Community College (GCC), Housatonic Community College (HCC) and Norwalk Community College (NCC)
Under this Transfer Agreement, GCC, HCC and NCC graduates will be guaranteed admission into a bachelor’s degree program with third year (junior) status at Quinnipiac University on the condition that they:
- Graduate with an associate in arts, an associate in science in business, College of Technology engineering science, nursing or an allied health degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (this may be higher in specific programs).
- Satisfy all other Quinnipiac University transfer admission requirements and requirements for intended major.
Suggested Transfer Curriculum for BS in Business Analytics
A minimum of 60 credits is required for transfer into the BS in Business Analytics program. Below is a sample plan of study for the first two years prior to matriculation at Quinnipiac University.
|Introduction to Business||3|
|Science Elective with Lab||4|
|Social Science Elective||3|
|Additional Elective (Business or other)||3|