Policy Statement on Posting
Any flier, sign, poster, banner or announcement must be approved by a member of the Office of Campus Life prior to posting. Signage, fliers, posters, banners that are posted without approval will be taken down and discarded.
- Fliers, signs, posters, banners and/or announcements can be submitted for review to SC-216 or the Information Desk in the lobby of the Rocky Top Student Center.
- A staff assistant will post the advertisement for you on bulletin boards provided. Banners will be posted using blue painter’s tape only.
- Fliers, signs, posters, banners and/or announcements must state the name of the sponsoring individual, organization or department.
- Approved fliers, signs, posters, banners and/or announcements will only be displayed for more than two weeks, unless approved by Campus Life.
- No more than four fliers, signs, posters or announcements may be posted at one time in the Carl Hansen Student Center. No more than two fliers, signs, posters or announcements may be posted at one time in the Rocky Top Student Center. Only one banner can be hung in each of the student centers.
- The maximum size for a flier, sign, poster or announcement is 18 by 24 inches. The maximum size for a banner is 6 feet by 4 feet.
- Banners will be hung by Campus Life staff in the Carl Hansen Student Center, 2nd floor railings of the East Dining wing, overlooking the cafe, or in the Rocky Top Student Center, 3rd floor, overlooking the information booth and main entrance. Banners will not be posted in any other area of the student centers.
The Office of Campus Life reserves the right to deny the posting of any flier, sign, poster, banner or announcement, including but not limited to those that promote:
- the use of alcoholic beverages
- off-campus housing unless approved by Residential Life
- medical studies or medicines of any kind unless approved by Quinnipiac University
- non-Quinnipiac degree and/or certificate programs of study
- the violation of any local, state or federal laws, or university policies
All postings in university residence halls must be approved by the Office of Residential Life prior to posting. All postings must display the sponsoring campus organizations, must be removed after the event date and may not be posted on any glass surface.