General Policy Statement for Student Organizations
- Student organizations wishing to promote their group or an event must gain approval from the Office of Campus Life.
- Fliers, posters and banners can be submitted for approval in the Student Organization Suite (SC 216) or at the Rocky Top Information Desk. A student employee will post the materials on/in the designated bulletin boards/locations. The Office of Residential Life must approve fliers, posters and/or banners to be posted in the residential living area.
- Banners may be hung in the Carl Hansen Student Center, 2nd floor railings of the East Dining wing, overlooking the café, or in the Rocky Top Student Center, 3rd floor, overlooking the information booth and main entrance. Banners will not be posted in any other area of the student centers.
- Fliers, posters and banners must state the name of the sponsoring organization.
- Approved fliers, posters and banners will be displayed for two weeks leading up to the event.
- No more than four fliers or posters may be posted at one time in the Carl Hansen Student Center, and two in the Rocky Top Student Center. Only one banner can be hung in each of the student centers.
- The maximum size for a flier or poster is 18 by 24 inches. The maximum size for a banner is 6 feet by 4 feet.
- Organizations must gain approval from the Office of Campus Life to distribute any other type of marketing materials.
- The Office of Campus Life reserves the right to deny marketing materials/advertising including, but not limited to, those that promote:
- the use of alcoholic beverages and/or tobacco products
- off-campus housing unless approved by Residential Life
- medical studies or medicines of any kind unless approved by Quinnipiac University
- non-Quinnipiac degree and/or certificate programs of study
- violations of any local, state or federal laws, or university policies
- The Office of Campus Life may choose to refuse advertising that can be considered libelous, defamatory, obscene, in poor taste, is demonstrably false, or otherwise conflicts with the values of the Quinnipiac University community.
Student organizations wishing to
Before design and creation of any type of promotional product or apparel that uses the Quinnipiac name or a university logo, an organization MUST submit a concept of design to the Office of Campus Life for review and approval. Upon approval, the organization can contact a vendor to draft a proof and provide a quote for the items they wish to purchase. (It is the organization’s responsibility to review the proof closely for spelling errors or design flaws.)
After the proof is reviewed and approved by the Office of Campus Life, the quote needs to be sent to the SGA VP of Finance for review. The VP of Finance will confirm that the organization has sufficient funds for the purchase. (If the organization is a fraternity or sorority, they can move forward at this point without the assistance of SGA.)When the SGA VP of Finance has reviewed and approved the quote, the organization can contact the vendor to process the order.
Once the completed items are received, the organization is responsible for reviewing the order to make sure they have all of the items and that the product matches the proof that was provided. Lastly, all invoices should be submitted to the SGA VP of Finance for payment.
- Promotional items purchased by organizations that do not follow this process may be subject to removal from use without reimbursement for associated costs.
- Requests to market in the Weekly Events email, or on MyQ must be submitted via the Marketing Request form under “Forms” on the Office of Campus Life Do You QU page.
- Consistent with the university’s obligation to protect students’ privacy rights, student organizations shall not publish or broadcast any stories involving student disciplinary matters, either academic or non-academic, until the matter is fully adjudicated by the university or information is released by the university or information is made publicly available by town/state police.
Do You QU
- Student organizations are required to update their Do You QU page on a regular basis.
- Membership rosters need to be reviewed monthly for changes. This includes keeping officer positions up-to-date, confirming new member requests, and moving old members to alumni or inactive status.
- A current copy of the organization’s constitution must be uploaded to the “Documents” page.
- All events must be registered through the website for approval.
- Student organization members are required to respond to requests and/or correspondence from university officials within 48 hours.
- Student organizations are encouraged to visit the Carl Hansen Student Center, room 202, call 203-582-8673 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Office of Campus Life may review all policies for exceptions where applicable.