Office of Residential Life

Quinnipiac recognizes that learning occurs both in and outside of the classroom. The Office of Residential Life provides rich opportunities that promote student learning and enhance personal development. Students have the unique opportunity to live with students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.

The Office of Residential Life has two convenient locations for students. The Mount Carmel Campus office is located in the Student Affairs Center on Bobcat Way. The telephone number is 203-582-8666. The York Hill Campus office is located on the fourth floor of the Rocky Top Student Center. The telephone number is 203-582-3615.

University-Owned Housing

The university offers a variety of student housing options. Students typically progress toward more independent living from year to year.

Quinnipiac housing is guaranteed for three years for incoming first-year students. Approximately 4,000 students live in university housing, which includes traditional residence halls, suites, apartments and off-campus houses. 

First-year students are offered a variety of living options: Irma and Dana are traditional residence halls with two to three people to a room and a community bathroom; Ledges and Commons quad-style rooms will be occupied by no more than 2-3 people to a room with a community bathroom; Mountainview, Larson, Perlroth and Troup are suite-style residence halls consisting of four double-occupancy rooms and a suite bathroom.

Sophomores choose between suite-style housing offered in the Village or apartments in the Hill, the Complex (Founders, Sahlin and Bakke) and the Crescent. The units in Founders, Sahlin and Bakke feature one double-occupancy bedroom and two single-occupancy bedrooms. Sophomores and juniors may also live on the York Hill Campus in apartment-style housing offered in the Crescent.

Juniors and seniors may select from available apartment-style housing in the Crescent, Townhouses, Westview or off campus at Whitney Village. Apartments provide one to four bedrooms, a furnished living room, an oversized bathroom and a kitchen. 

Seniors and some juniors may also select from available apartment-style housing at Eastview and university-owned houses. Many of the bedrooms in senior housing are singles. Students living in university-owned houses are minutes away from the Mount Carmel and York Hill Campuses.

Graduate housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students have single bedrooms in the Crescent, Whitney Village or our university-owned houses and apartments.