Fitness Center Policies and Procedures
(applies to Mount Carmel, North Haven and York Hill facilities)
- No one will be admitted without a validated Quinnipiac ID. A card is validated upon completion of the online waiver.
- Cards must be swiped to enter the Recreation Center and again to enter the Fitness Center.
- Appropriate workout clothing is required; full T-shirts are required (no sports bras or halter tops) in the Fitness Center.
- Our staff members are undergraduate work-study students—they are not personal trainers.
- Please wipe down equipment thoroughly after use; paper towels and cleanser are available in each corner in the Fitness Center and in each Cardio Corner of the track.
- Please replace all dumbbells and plates after use.
- The use of chalk is prohibited.
- Food and/or beverages are not permitted in any part of the Recreation Center; water fountains are located within or near every recreation area.
- The computerized sign-up for cardio equipment is located at the Recreation Center reception desk.
- You must sign up for all cardio equipment (limit: 30 minutes per piece).
- You must attend to sign up; no phone reservations.
- You may not sign up more than two hours in advance.
- Use of the facility is at your own risk. Request help if you are unfamiliar with the equipment.
- Immediately report any injury or facility/equipment irregularity to the staff member on duty. Injured parties must report to the Health Center.
Note: Policies and procedures are designed to enhance the safety and cleanliness of our recreational facilities. Please be considerate to the recreation staff and other patrons using the facility.
Hours (Mount Carmel Campus)
Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–11 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m.–11 p.m.
Hours (York Hill Campus)
Monday–Thursday: 7 a.m.–11 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.–9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m.–11 p.m.
Hours (North Haven Campus)
Monday–Thursday: 7 a.m. –7 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. –4 p.m.
Hours may change on university holidays and snow days. Check MyQ for updates.
All guests must have a photo ID and complete a waiver/ consent form and an information card during their first visit. These forms are available at the Fitness Center reception desk. Each host is permitted one guest at a time who must be 18 years or older. The host must sign a waiver form, remain with his/her guest at all times and assume responsibility for the actions of that guest. The same person may be signed in as a guest only three times per year—regardless of who signs them in. Faculty and staff are not permitted to have guests in the Fitness Center. Family members (spouses, children) are not permitted to use the center.
Locks may be signed out at the reception desk for daily use upon presentation of the QCard. Men’s locker rooms are located across from the Fitness Center; women’s locker rooms are upstairs opposite the dance studios. Full T-shirts are required in the Fitness Center.
All items left unattended are not the responsibility of the Fitness Center or its employees.