- Organizations wishing to solicit off-campus companies for material donations (e.g., prizes or materials for events) must have approval for these activities from the Office of Graduate Student Affairs.
- Organizations wishing to charge admission to an event must have approval for these activities from the Office of Graduate Student Affairs.
- Organizations who raise money through fundraising must use that money for that purpose only. Any remaining donations and/or funds will be held. The only exemptions can only be made by the Dean of Graduate Student Affairs or her designee.
- Organizations may not solicit companies for monetary donations or corporate sponsorship, and the exclusive right of a single sponsor to be the sole supporter of any student organization or organizational program is prohibited unless permission has been granted by the dean of graduate student affairs (or his/her designee) and the vice president for development and public affairs (or his/her designee).
- Organizations wishing to host raffles must have approval for these activities from the Office of Graduate Student Affairs.
- Raffles must meet the requirements as stipulated in Connecticut state law. Connecticut state law prohibits giving alcoholic beverages as prizes for contests, drawings or raffles, and 50/50 raffles.
- Tobacco products may not be used as prizes.
- Items (ex. T-shirts, food products, etc.) and/or approved raffle tickets may be sold at approved organizational events only.