Alcohol and Drugs
The Office of Graduate Student Affairs, prior to the event, must approve any event with alcohol sponsored by a graduate student organization.
- The possession, sale, use or consumption of alcoholic beverages, while on Quinnipiac University premises or during a student organization event, in any situation sponsored or endorsed by the student organization, or at any event on or off campus an observer would associate with the student organization, must be in compliance with any and all applicable state and local laws, Quinnipiac University and other organizational policies, and must comply with inter/national organization’s third-party vendor guidelines.
- No alcoholic beverages may be purchased through or with student organization funds; nor may the purchase of alcoholic beverages for members or guests be undertaken or coordinated by any member in the name of or on behalf of the student organization, either formally or informally. The purchase or use of a bulk quantity or common source(s) of alcoholic beverages, for example, kegs or cases and/or common excessive quantities of alcohol, is prohibited.
- Open parties or gatherings, meaning those with unrestricted access by non-members of the student organization, without specific invitation, where alcohol is present, are prohibited.
- No members, collectively or individually, shall acquire, serve to, or sell alcoholic beverages to any individuals under the age of 21.
- The possession, sale or use of any illegal drugs or controlled substances while on Quinnipiac University premises or during an event on or off campus that an observer would associate with the student organization is strictly prohibited.
- An event at which alcohol is present may be conducted or cosponsored with a charitable organization if the event is held within the provisions of this policy.
- No member shall permit, tolerate, encourage or participate in games that promote consumption of alcohol at student organization events or at any event that an observer would associate with the student organization.
- For all events involving alcohol, including but not limited to socials, mixers, semiformals and/or formals, the following procedures must be adhered to:
- The event must comply with all student organization policies and procedures including those listed in this policy.
- The event must have prior written approval from a member of the Office of Graduate Student Affairs.
- Food and nonalcoholic/alternative beverages must be provided in appropriate quantities.
- Failure to meet aforementioned details will result in cancellation of the event.