Student Organization Requirements
- The organization must be unique from all other graduate student organizations.
- The purpose or actions of the organization cannot contradict university, state and/or federal policies and laws.
- Student organizations must maintain a minimum of five active members (graduate or undergraduate) to retain recognition by the Office of Graduate Student Affairs.
- Undergraduate students may not serve in an executive role or board positions of an organization.
- Membership of a student organization cannot be limited based on race, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age or physical limitation.
- Members will remain in good standing per the Eligibility Requirements for Involvement.
- The organization must have one faculty/staff member serving as the organization’s adviser.
- The organization must meet with the dean for graduate student affairs or a designee each semester to review membership and budgetary needs.
- The organization must provide members with meaningful opportunities that enhance and develop leadership skills and abilities.