Office of Cultural and Global Engagement
Quinnipiac University fosters respect for each individual by honoring the differences inherent among people. As an intellectual community of learners and scholars, we recognize and appreciate our common humanity. Acknowledging that we live in a pluralistic society, we have a genuine desire to ensure that all members of the Quinnipiac community feel empowered to express their own individuality. These principles underscore our central mission of teaching and learning and are vital to achieving national prominence and excellence in education. They also serve as the foundation for promoting the economic, social and cultural well-being of our community, our nation and beyond.
The associate vice president for academic affairs and chief diversity officer oversees the Office of Cultural and Global Engagement and engages the campus and surrounding community to help define, enable and foster an inclusive campus culture that embraces the diversity of identities, ideas and values that embody Quinnipiac University.
The office fulfills its mission by offering programs, initiatives, services, partnerships and collaboration that support, assist and empower students regarding issues of inclusion, multiculturalism and globalism in education. Some of its programs include:
- advocacy for the cultivation of a sustainable campus environment that is supportive of a diverse student and professional body
- development of multicultural student organizations’ leadership and active engagement in the university community
- academic and social mentorship for underrepresented students to live, work, lead and succeed in a multicultural and global world
- events and programs to enhance students’ understanding and appreciation of cultural identities and international differences
- support for the university’s growing international student community, including comprehensive immigration services and cultural programming
- international community service learning
- education abroad opportunities including semester, short-term, and QU faculty-led international experiences
- partnership with the University College Cork in Ireland
For more information, please contact the office at 203-582-7987.