Policies applicable to the Mount Carmel and York Hill facilities
- No one will be admitted without a validated Quinnipiac ID. (A card is validated upon completion of the online waiver.)
- Cards must be tapped on the QCard reader at each facility to gain entry. Failure to bring your QCard will result in being denied entry to the facility.
- Appropriate workout clothing is required; closed toe athletic shoes, athletic style bottoms with no buttons or zippers, tops that cover the full torso and midriff; the fitness center staff reserves the right to render final judgement on if something complies with the dress code posted at all facilities.
- Fitness Center staff members are available to assist with fitness equipment needs and maintain a safe and sanitary environment for all patrons—however, they are not personal trainers.
- Users are responsible for wiping down equipment thoroughly after use; paper towels and cleanser as well as gym wipes are available in each corner in the Fitness Center and in each Cardio Corner of the track.
- All dumbbells and plates should be returned to their original location after use.
- The use of chalk is prohibited.
- Weight clamps/clips are required for all barbell lifts and can be loaned out in exchange for a QCard at the front desk.
- Food and/or beverages are not permitted in any part of the Recreation Center; water fountains are located within or near every recreation area.
- Cardio equipment is used on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to 30 minutes per piece during peak times.
- Use of the facility is at your own risk. Users should request help if they are unfamiliar with the equipment.
- Any injury or facility/equipment irregularity should be reported immediately to the staff member on duty. Injured parties must report to the Health Center.
Note: Policies and procedures are designed to enhance the safety and cleanliness of our recreational facilities. Please be considerate to the recreation staff and other patrons using the facility.
Mount Carmel & York Hill Campus Hours
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
North Haven Fitness Center policies
- Tap your QCard as you enter and leave the space. If you do not have your QCard you cannot use the facility until you retrieve it.
- This facility is UNSTAFFED. Consult a healthcare professional before beginning any workout regimen.
- Report any issues or broken equipment to the Recreation department via DM'ing our Instagram (@qu_fitness) or emailing email@example.com
- Clean all equipment before and after each use to maintain a clean and sanitary environment for all who wish to use the facility.
- Only QU students, faculty & staff are allowed to use the facility. NO guests are allowed to use the North Haven fitness center.
- Violation of any policies may result in your access to the facility being revoked at the discretion of Quinnipiac Recreation.
North Haven Campus Hours
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Hours may change on university holidays and snow days. Check MyQ and Instagram (@qu_fitness) for updates.
All guests must have a photo ID and complete a waiver/consent form and an information card during their first visit. These forms are available at the Fitness Center reception desk. Each host is permitted one guest at a time who must be 18 years or older. The host must sign a waiver form, always remain with their guest and assume responsibility for the actions of that guest. Faculty and staff are not permitted to have guests in the Fitness Center. Family members (spouses, children) are not permitted to use the center.
Locks may be signed out at the reception desk for daily use upon presentation of the QCard. Men’s locker rooms are located across from the Fitness Center; women’s locker rooms are upstairs opposite the dance studios.
For long-term locks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any items left unattended are not the responsibility of the Fitness Center or its employees.
The Office of Recreation may review all policies for exceptions, changes or updates at any time and where applicable.